Friday, March 20, 2009

*MY INITIAL THOUGHTS ON THE HOLOCAUST*

The Holocaust had to be one of the most horrible things in the world's history. So many people were killed, just for their beliefs. The torture and the pain that they put those people through on themselves, and their families, to me is devistating.

I don't judge people. I like to get to know them first before I say anything. What Hitler did was just... I can't even explain it! Killing Jews just because they believe something different, and for world domination is ridiculous! No one deserves being put in gas chambers, lined up by a huge hole (dug up probably by their own self) and shot, and watching their families get taken off and killed. I can't even image how some of those people must feel.

I really feel sorry for those people who tried to leave, or sneak food in for themselves and others. The punishment for that is still just terrible. Being beaten for trying NOT to starve, is a sad and crucial punisment. I seriously can't image how one human can do that to thousands of people. The children didn't even have a chance in this whole thing because they couldn't do hard labor.

The Holocaust is definately one of my worst nightmares. I would hate to see something like this happen again. Some Jews are still scared and skeptical about things because of this event. Personally, I don't blame them.

No comments: